Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Brian Day 22 vs FriedlandW

4/6, no chance at the other two.

1) glucose, fructose. Unclear at first if it was asking for two separate sugars, poorly worded question. (I see it tricked some of you.) Glucose a gimme, so I put it first in case it was asking for one. I ruled out lactose and galactose, leaving fructose and dextrose. Fructose I knew was used to sweeten corn syrup (and, in doing so, kill you), so I went with that. 3/2

2) Die Hard. Yippi Ki Yay!  If the plot didn't already sound similar to Die Hard, Gennaro clinched it.  The action movie to top all action movies.    2/2

3) Carmen.  I'm going to answer Carmen for every opera until it's correct.  Never heard of this, don't like my defense.  1/1

4) Uruguay.  I get that Thorsten repeats questions every few years, but this was a question from this year.   Had to defend low even though my LL opponent has a terrible geography score.  1/1  (looking at your posts, none of you mentioned this as a recent q.  Am I misremembering?)

5) Prospectus.  Biz gimme.  0/0

6) Charleston.  No clue, never heard of. 2/3

No comments:

Post a Comment