Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Jesse day 17

5/6, I think. 

1. The Americano, Boulevardier, Negroni, Jasmine, and Old Pal are cocktails that are all made with what liqueur?
Correct Answer: CAMPARI
Your Answer: Gin
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I am Shirley Temple man myself. 

2. Sammi Giancola, Michael Sorrentino, Jenni Farley, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, and Vinny Guadagnino were among the cast members of what television series that debuted in December 2009?
Correct Answer: JERSEY SHORE
Your Answer: The Jersey Shore
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

They all seemed pretty Italian. And then Michael Sorrentino jumped out to me. The Situation. I guess Snookie would have been too much of a give-away. 

3. On October 29, a Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft en route to Pangkal Pinang, Indonesia, crashed thirteen minutes after takeoff from Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, killing all 189 passengers and crew on board in what is to-date the deadliest commercial aviation incident of 2018. The flight was operated by what Indonesian airline?
Correct Answer: LION AIR
Your Answer: Lion
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

Hoping they count this for me. I wasn't sure if it was Air or Airways. 

4. Bruce Almighty, Cinema Paradiso, Gremlins, Home Alone, Look Who's Talking, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are all films that include within them a clip (though not necessarily the same clip) from what other film?
Correct Answer: IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
Your Answer: It's a wonderful life
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Total guess. Considered Casablanca, Citizen Kane and the Battleship Potemkin, but there was a bit of a Christmas theme that I picked up. 

5. What specific word has been extracted from this sentence, whose earliest documented appearance is in a February 1885 edition of The Boston Journal: "A quick brown fox [BLANK] over the lazy dog."
Correct Answer: JUMPS
Your Answer: jumps
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I knew that this phrase contained all of the letters of the alphabet. 

6. Which of the six states of Australia is the smallest in area, and approximately one-fourth the size of the second-smallest?
Correct Answer: TASMANIA
Your Answer: Tasmania
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

If he did not clarify there were six states I would have considered ACT, not sure if it counted as a state. 

No comments:

Post a Comment