Thursday, December 6, 2018

Brian Day 13 & 14

2 or 3 today, my first RTFQ mistake

1) Farrakhan.  No idea 2/2

2) Joy of Cooking.  Wild guess, I can't believe i got this.  Was convinced that Emily Post was a pseudonym and that this was probably her etiquette book, but I didn't know the name of that book, so I threw in Joy of Cooking as at least it was definitely the name of a book that fit the question.  0/0 because i figured everyone else would know the etiquette book 

3) Mobius Strip.  Yup, I put the name of the object.  Hoping that since Mobius is first, Strip will be extraneous, but I don't really deserve this.   Wasn't sure how to defend as this was mentioned in a question last year (Klein bottle), but my LL opponent got it wrong.  Let's see if he did his followup research.  2/2

4) White.  Just knew this.  1/1

5) Street.  I have absolutely no idea what any of these songs are.  So I took a shot that they were 90s songs, from Backstreet Boys, Blackstreet, and, um... other bands.  (p.s. Reading Jesse's post, should have known Kansas, but not the others). 1/3

6) wheelchair racing.  no clue. 3/1


Yesterday, Day 13 close call vs Pelco, 6(3)-5(2)

1) Brownian motion.  Science gimme.  Shame on you Ben.  3/2

2) Virgin.  Branson owns everything else, right? 2/1

3) Lesbos.  Aprodite, that's Venus.  Any famous Venus statues?  No? Then guess Lesbos.  Duh. 2/3

4) Conjugate.  middle school French gimme.  Would not have gotten it from the math angle (no pun intended). 0/0

5) Lawful, chaotic.  Chaotic was a gimme, but I had forgotten lawful over the years.  I knew it wasn't order, the opposite of chaos, but that led me to law & order.  Would've been very upset with myself had I missed. 1/1

6) Nepal.  I made the U Thant connection, but didn't know where he's from. 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment