3/6 today. Frustrated that I switched a right answer to a wrong one. More than that, I'm pessimistic about my regular match, as these categories played right into my opponent's strengths.
1. Whitewater :), D31. Gimme. I struggled with whether to D3 this in regular. It seems so easy, but based on the data I have to conclude it was the right move. We'll see.
2. Piano :), D00. I own a Baldwin, so it became a gimme, though I'm pretty sure I could have gotten it just from the non-Steinway big 4. Kind of a hard question for a D00, but Brad is great as business questions and my regular opponent's best category is classical music.
3. Agave :(, D13. Only guess I had, though I couldn't imagine it was correct. My regular opponent is great at science, has gotten some weird botany questions, and lives in the Western US. But this strikes me as the hardest question of the day.
4. I Love Lucy :(, D11. Wrong decade, I now see.
5. Neufchatel :), D22. Struggled with this because I was certain this was in Switzerland, not France. I now see that I was mixing it up with Neuchatel, Switzerland. Glad I pulled it off.
6. Ali Baba :(, D22. Ugh! I changed Sinbad to Ali Baba because I convinced myself that parts of Sinbad took place in the Americas, meaning it would have been written too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment