My first 9(6), I'm very excited and will gloat tonight at bar trivia with my fellow Yalie. Was only confident of three of them, but felt pretty good about the other three, and I didn't have any hard decisions to make with defense.
1) Shogun. Gimme. Also I own this http://www.shogunwarriors.org/p/great-mazinga.html 0/1
2) Navarrone. Had to stew on this for awhile. I had Seven Against Thebes and Jason and the Argonauts stuck in my head. Then thought this might be a convoluted question in which the commandos are not the main plot line, as in the recent Rocky III question , so I was thinking of movies I haven't seen which could possibly have this as a side plot, like Dr. No and Dr. Strangelove. Then thought of Themyscira from Wonder Woman. Then went back to WWII movies like The Longest Day and The Great Escape, and Lee Marvin came to mind, leading me to The Guns of Navarrone (sic). Never saw it, but I figured that had to be it. (hmmm, looking now at Lee Marvin's imdb page, he was in none of the movies I mentioned. ) Overall, seems like a tough one for our age group. 3/3
3) Sheeran. Gimme. You cannot avoid The Shape of You if you're in the car with your wife and kids. Clearly a zero for Andy, who listens to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift without his wife and kids. 1/0
4) Geranium. Knew this without the pic, I know there's an element that looks like geranium at first glance. 2/2
5) Copenhagen. I don't know exactly where they are, but my only options were Stockholm, Helsinki, Oslo and Copenhagen. I figured why ask the question if it's Stockholm, and crossing bridges into Denmark would make an 18 mile trip take 45 minutes.
6) Street Fighter. The question seemed to be describing one of the fighting games that came out after I stopped playing video games with Arkanoid. Mortal Kombat was on my brain because of a jerkwad former LLama. But luckily, in my channel flipping last night, I saw Kristin Kreuk on my screen, and had to stop and watch a minute of Street Fighter 2: The Legend of Chun-Li. I kid you not. Thanks Kristin! 2/2
See you tonight Andy, and congrats on the FW yesterday, Ben!
(Andy, you'd better not six-pack this!)
No comments:
Post a Comment