Friday, June 29, 2018

Brian Day 22 vs WinnR

5/6 today, no chance for a 6

1) Tunis. Had to be North Africa, given the Arabic and Carthage Hannibal stops.  Now where exactly was Carthage?  Eliminated Libya, La Goulette is French, not Italian.  Algeria was colonized by the French, was Tunisia?  I think Tunisia sticks out close to Italy.  And Star Wars was filmed there. Is Thorsten connecting this question with question 5?  That's as good a reason as any to go with Tunis.  And so, Ben, that was the giveaway.   2/0

2) Jump the Shark.  gimme.  Seif, your ignorance of common plebian sayings has jumped the shark. 0/2

3) Degas.  absolutely no idea, I'll certainly be assigned a 3 here.  3/2

4) Mascara.  Thought it was so obvious, there must be a trick.  I guess this will be hard for young single guys? 1/1

5) Strategic Defense Initiative.  80s gimme. I think this questions has been asked before in the reverse, as in "SDI is more commonly known as...?"   1/1

6) Angels in America.  Saw a commercial for this a few days ago.  Sheer luck. 2/3

No comments:

Post a Comment