Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Brian day 15 vs DSeif

3/6.  Lot of weak topics for myself and my opponents, but if two weak topics were gimmes for me, they might be for others. Dave is sure to D0 me on the tv/80s music crossover, so I'm not feeling too good.

1) Dalai Lama.  Considered Buddha, but since I had no idea I stuck with my first instinct.  2/1

2) John Wayne.  Never even considered anyone else. Hoping a 1 or 0 gets wasted on me here.  1/2

3) Apollo Theater.  Gimme for me, between living in NYC and Showtime at the Apollo, but hard to judge defense.  I don't know if this is a New York question, or tv, or music, or culture. 2/2

4) Leia. Not a chance.  I had to defend low given world history was my opponents' only strengths, but I never heard of her name and don't like my defense. 1/0

5) American Gothic. What else could it be?  But LL opponent only has one correct art question, went with percentages.  Dave as bad in art as I am, but he should get. Wish I had zeroed this for him.  3/1

6) Jack, Diane.  I won't get any points for this, but it was actually tough.  I've never seen the show, and was leaning heavily towards Billie and Jean. I knew for certain Jack and Diane was 1982, but wasn't sure if  Thriller was 82 or 83. Pretty sure Thriller still had new singles being released in '84, so pegged it as later, so went with the certain 1982 song. Seif could luck into this one, but I doubt it. 0/3


Okay, let's see how it played....phew! Perfect defense, despite my worries, gives me a 4(3)-4(4) tie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment