Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Jesse day 19

5/6 Back to back easy days

1. What is the title used for the military dictator who served as de facto ruler of Japan for most of the years from the late 12th century until the mid-19th century, when Tokugawa Yoshinobu relinquished the office to Emperor Meiji in 1867?

Correct Answer: SHOGUN
Your Answer: Major Domo
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

Very gettable. Probably should have thought harder on this one. 

2. In a famous 1961 action adventure film, a group of Allied and Greek commando specialists are assembled by British intelligence to destroy Nazi artillery cannons concealed within the solid rock of what fictional Greek island?
Correct Answer: NAVARONE
Your Answer: Navarone
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I think I saw this movie. I immediately thought of the title the Guns of something, and Navarone was the first thing that can to mind. It did not sound like a fake Greek island, but I was pretty sure that was the right title. 

3. "Shape of You," "Perfect," "Castle on the Hill," "Don't," and "Photograph" are recent pop smashes from what English singer/songwriter?
Correct Answer: ED SHEERAN
Your Answer: Sheeran
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I know Shape of You is a Sheeran song. 

4. A common name for the flowering plant pictured here, when one letter is added, becomes the name of a chemical element discovered by Saxon chemist Clemens Winkler in 1886. What is either of those names (the flower or the element)? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/498sdfsdf5yc093.jpg
Correct Answer: GERANIUM/GERMANIUM
Your Answer: Geranium
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I was pretty sure that was Geranium. I had no idea what element it could be, but the -Nium ending made me pretty sure it was right. 

5. The city of Malmö, Sweden, sits about 18 miles (and a 45-minute drive, depending on traffic) from what national capital city?
Correct Answer: COPENHAGEN
Your Answer: Copenhagen
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I lived in both Malmo and Copenhagen in 2003 and took the train over the Oresund many times. 

6. "Hadouken!" is a special attack move (and exclamation) used by characters, including Ryu and Ken, from what video game series?
Correct Answer: STREET FIGHTER
Your Answer: Street Fighter
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

Gimmie, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment