Thursday, June 21, 2018

Ben day 16

On an early train to watch Australia's World Cup game at an Australian bar in the city. This post may go to press before Seif's! 4/6. Playing Gideon in LLL, who I almost knocked off on our first meeting despite his general statistical superiority.

1 :) scissors. I tried to picture the machine in my head and quickly jumped from tongs to scissors which was confirmed by scissor hands. 
2 :) semiconductor. I answered semiconductors for the cryogenics question a few days ago.
3 :) gonzo. I had an image of gonzo being involved that I couldn't shake, even though I really wanted to answer Jim Henson. Nice to have the biased coin come up in my favor after some match-costing 50/50s earlier this season.
4 :( butterfly bread. Oh jeez this is gettable. I've looked it up before, but I thought leporine referred to butterflies so my rabbit was cooked.
5 :) Rosetta. Had to be the Rosetta Stone. Although I always that that was found about 100 years later. 
6 :( graham. I've heard of Waylon Jennings, but was never getting there ever if his initials were in the clue. D33

No comments:

Post a Comment