Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Jesse Day 10

My battle with Ben. 4/6 on an easy day. 

1. A lunatic hypnotist, his carnival somnambulist, and various asylum inmates (who may not be what they appear) are central to the plot of what 1920 horror film and classic of German Expressionism?
Correct Answer: THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI
Your Answer: M
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I was a film major and saw this film. May have even written a paper on it. Still could not pull it. 

2. From 1975 until 1979, while under the control of the Khmer Rouge, the present-day nation of Cambodia was known by what name?
Correct Answer: (DEMOCRATIC) KAMPUCHEA
Your Answer: Campuchia
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

Bad spelling, but should be right. I was there in 2012. 

3. Devin Booker, TJ Warren, and Josh Jackson were leading scorers for what NBA team during the 2017-2018 season?
Correct Answer: PHOENIX SUNS
Your Answer: Phoenix Suns
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I follow the NBA closely. Hoping Ben doesn't. 

4. Quartz, tridymite, cristobalite, coesite, and stishovite are the five crystalline forms, and opal an amorphous form, of a chemical compound best known by what single word?
Correct Answer: SILICA
Your Answer: Calcium
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Shoot, this was probably easier than i thought it was. 

5. U.S. Army airmen seeking to be excused from WWII bombing missions due to mental derangement, but judged ineligible as the sanity of such a request proves their fitness, are central to the plot of what novel?
Correct Answer: CATCH-22
Your Answer: Catch 22
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I read it.

6. The images in this montage, all with slight edits, are taken from album covers by what musical group? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/8509c8y34n986.jpg
Correct Answer: FOO FIGHTERS
Your Answer: Foo Fighters
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I don't listen to them.  I saw the two F's which made me think Foo Fighters. Combine that with Seattle and the futuristic weapons and I was positive in my answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment