Friday, June 29, 2018

Jesse day 22

5/6 v my brother from the same mother (and father) Gideon.

1. La Goulette, Khereddine, Sidi Bou Said, and Carthage Hannibal are names of train stations on a railway that serves the metro area of what capital city?

Correct Answer: TUNIS
Your Answer: Tunis
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I've been there.  Gideon hasn't. Carthage Hannibal is the main clue there. Sidi Bou Said is gorgeous.    

2. A scene in a season five episode of Happy Days, which first aired in September 1977, is the inspiration for what now-common pejorative idiom?
Correct Answer: JUMP THE SHARK
Your Answer: Jump the shark
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

Gimmie-ish

3. Noa Noa: Voyage de Tahiti is a manuscript published in 1901 with text, drawings, and prints by what post-Impressionist?
Correct Answer: PAUL GAUGUIN
Your Answer: Gauguin
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I was pretty sure Gauguin was on the artist that lived on the Pacific Islands. I was right.

4. What is the name for the cosmetic pictured here, known in some parts of the world as "rimmel" after the French-born perfumer who developed the modern version in the 19th century? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/9485y0cmc0599.jpg
Correct Answer: MASCARA
Your Answer: Mascara
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I debated eye-liner, but went with Mascara. Guessing this is an easy question. 

5. The military program announced by President Reagan in March 1983, which promoted funding for a shield of laser and particle-beam weapons in outer space that would eliminate oncoming ICBMs before they could reach the U.S., was known derisively as "Star Wars," but formally by what three-word name?
Correct Answer: STRATEGIC DEFENSE INITIATIVE
Your Answer: Strategic Defense Intiative
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I think I know this from one of the Civilization games as you can build an SDI in each city to protect it from nukes. 

6. Andrew Garfield and Nathan Lane won Tony Awards in 2018 for their performances in what play, in roles originated on Broadway in 1993 by Stephen Spinella and Ron Leibman?
Correct Answer: ANGELS IN AMERICA
Your Answer: Shrimp Heaven Now!
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I had no idea. Hopefully Gideon didn't watch the Tony's for the sake of LL. It sounds like something he would do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment