Friday, June 22, 2018

Brian I Day 17 vs FriedlandMJ

4/6 on what I thought was the hardest day yet, no gimmes. I feel very fulfilled.  

1) Floyd.  No idea, I think Floyd was Armstrong's teammate, I threw him in.  Should be tough, who followed cycling in the 80's? D2/3

2) Heidi.  Thought I had no shot at this, then pulled it from the same forgotten place in my brain that I found the Torchsong Trilogy.  But I think this is what Wasserstein is famous for, so D1/0

3) Canada. This is emblematic of my .326 geography score and I'm sure was a gimme for most.  I only considered Japan and Canada, thought the Indonesian islands were too small. Are those northern parts of Canada even islands? ugh.  0/2 (P.S. Glad to see at least two of you considered Canada, I feel better.)

4) Magnum Force.  At first glance, a gimme.  Unfortunately, I've never seen the Dirty Harry movies, and the three easier ones were listed.  Took some time for this to come to me. 2/2

5) Paprika.  I had no idea, and wrote in paprika as a wild guess, thinking of my friend Rachel, who loved to do this When Harry Met Sally impression, not realizing the answer is in the quote: 

Harry Burns: Repeat after me. Pepper.
Sally Albright: Pepper.
Harry Burns: Pepper.
Sally Albright: Pepper.
Harry Burns: Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash.
Sally Albright: Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash.
Harry Burns: But I would be happy to partake of your pecan pie.

6)Sing, Electric.  Thank you to Rush, who has a song titled The Body Electric.   Not a gimme, as the line from the poem is not in the lyrics, but I got there eventually. 3/1  (Ben, as the words 'body electric' are not in this song, you must be a Lana del Rey fan, as I googled for the Rush lyrics and came up with her song Body Electric.)

No comments:

Post a Comment