Friday, June 15, 2018

Seif Day 12 vs. Pelc (LLL)

First, hat tip to Andy for beating me two days in a row, especially since I was gloating yesterday about how I was about to beat him. Well played, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. However, lest there be any doubt, this will be my only show of magnanimity, and I now will devote my efforts to a relentless quest for revenge. 

5/6 today, and I knew I had at least 4. These questions were well-suited to me. 

1. Chicago :), D11. Complete gimme for me. 

2. I Love Lucy :), D00. I put this down two days ago, but today it was right!

3. Figaro :), D23. I read The Marriage of Figaro in French class in high school, so I knew this. 

4. Little House on the Prarie :(, D11. No clue. 

5. Sputnik :), D22. Gimme for me. Not so sure this is a strength of either opponent, though. 

6. Monotreme :), D32. Didn't know what this term was, but I knew it applied to the platypus. Still only got it because of the "single opening" part of the clue and the fact that it starts with "mono."


No comments:

Post a Comment