Monday, June 18, 2018

Brian I Day 13 vs WeiszG

4/6 Got 2 I didn't expect, and one face palm.  I think how my opponents defend me today will work in my favor, as I got my strong categories wrong and weak ones correct.

1) Roth.  No idea, so I guessed the famous Jewish author who just died. 2/3 

2) Caspian Sea.  Geography not a strength for me, but I​ somehow knew the Volga and Ural were in Russia, and was pretty sure they were further east than the Black Sea, so I felt good about my answer.  2/2

3) coccus.  Streptococcus, stapholycoccus, gimme-coccus.  But looking at your answers, not a gimme after all, and I prob played bad defense.  1/0

4) Vermont.  I discovered I don't really know the 13 colonies, as I almost answered South Carolina, then decided to play it safe and go further south with Georgia, then remembered Vermont used to be part of NH and was not an original 13. Close call to a pretty basic american history question. 0/2

5) Erdinger.  This question has definitely been in Learned League before, perhaps a math one-day.  I didn't know it then, and I don't know it now.  Hoping I got assigned 0 and 1 for these last two questions. 3/1 

6) L.A. Confidential. That's easy! I haven't seen it in awhile, but Kim Basinger must have gotten work done to look like Rita Hayworth.  Wait, wasn't Hayworth a brunette? And didn't LA Confidential come out a few years later than 1994? That's okay, I'll just stick with the wrong answer!  I think I'm still hungover from an awesome party Saturday night. 1/1

No comments:

Post a Comment