Friday, June 29, 2018

Ben day 22 v eponymous one in LLL

Weird day for me. I got 2 questions unexpectedly right and 2 unexpectedly wrong today.

1 :( Algiers. D23. Not sure how to choose between Algiers, Tunis and Tripoli here. What was the giveaway? I knew Algiers has a metro system and don't think the others do, but I did suppose they all had some sort of trains.  French led me away from Tripoli but population size led me towards Algiers. I thought Carthage was basically all over that part of North Africa which might be my undoing. Disappointed to miss.

2 :) jump the shark. D21. Seif, you have heard the term but you just filter out such trivialities. I think Andy used the term at trivia on Tuesday night. I'm not sure if he knew it's origin though.

3 :( Chagall. Did I confuse Chagall and Gauguin, or did they both dig the Polynesian ladies. D10.

4 :) mascara. D12. I didn't think the answer could possibly be so easy so I raised my D. I figured it was a subtype.

5 :) Strategic Defense Initiative. Thank you Civilization. D01.

6 :) angels in America. Boom. Flat out guess based on the only early 90s play I could think of. D32. Again I expected not to have heard of the answer.

So given I misjudged the obscurity of answers, my defense is a dog's breakfast, but I imagine that missing the geography but hitting the theatre will bump my OE so this should be interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment