Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Andy Day 15

A good day.  5/6. Close (again) on the one I missed. But I'm not complaining b/c several of these were educated guesses that worked out.

1. :) Siddhartha Gotama. Spelling wrong, but he should give this to me. No? Figure pretty easy given the mention of former lives.  1/1

2. :) Elvis Presley. Had no clue when read this morning. But then looked at dates, and popped into my head and went with it.  2/2

3. :) The Apollo.   Showtime at The Apollo. I deserve credit even though didn't use word theater. I think this is a gimme for anyone, not just people in NY, who grew up watching SNL during the 90s, since if one fell asleep during SNL, one was often roused to the tune of "Iiiiiiit's, SHOWTIME.......at the Apollo!"  0/0

4. :( Would have liked to have gotten this. Took a whole course in Modern Chinese history. And I remember a disturbing scene from the Last Emperor b/w the too-grown emperor and his mother. A lot of good it did me. I put Luxi.  3/3

5. :) American Gothic. I know this. Saw it recently in Chicago. But didn't think this would be as easy as it seems to have been.  I put 2/2

6. :) Jack and Diane. Again, had no clue when first read.  But tried to think of two names that go together from a song in the early 80s. Then realized Black-ish may be about a family that doesn't act the way it's producers think a black family is "supposed" to act (which I guess means it's about a black family that acts "white." Just looked it up in wikipedia. It's about a family and the dad thinks they're too assimilated into their white surroundings. So I liked the names Jack and Diane b/c...I mean, they're pretty white names and that's a pretty white song. These are all constructs, not true in the absolute. I'm just saying b/c I don't really know all of you.

So a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment