Monday, March 19, 2018

David S Day 17

4/6, but actually a bit annoyed I didn't get more. I think I had a shot at a 9(6). 

1. Diet of Worms :), D2. Lol, I thought this clue was cleverly written. I've always thought it had a funny name. 

2. Beyonce :(, D3. D3 because my opponent is similarly terrible at pop music. But I'm annoyed I wasn't more strategic here. Beyoncé's fame precedes Snapchat by well over a decade. Of course I had no idea who wrote those songs, but if I had just picked someone I knew was associated with Snapchat, I would have had a 50/50 shot between DJ Khaled and whichever Jenner it was whose tweet wiped out so much of its value. 

3. Seppuku :), D1. I've heard this term numerous times. 

4. Stage Manager :), D2. Gimme for someone who's acted in a few plays. 

5. Toothbrush :(, D2. Arrrrrrrrrrgh!!! As soon as I saw the answer, I realized I'd seen this poster hundreds of times. Didn't come to me. 

6. Voltage :), D0. Gimme. My opponent's best categories by far are math and science, so this should be no problem for him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment