Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Brian I Day 18

4/6 today.  I got one right I thought I had wrong, and one wrong that I thought I had right. 


1)Spike.  When I started reading the question, I thought it was about the women's champions of the last 15 years.  Unfortunately it was not. It was also unfortunately not about Side Out, an excellent movie.  And that is the sum total of my volleyball knowledge. D2

2) Lugosi.  If Oldman and Lee hadn't already made it a gimme, Nielsen in "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" clinched it. D1

3) square root of 2.  Never heard of using 99/70, but this was a gimme. I spent some time looking for a rad key, decided to play it safe and type it out.  Hoping my .250 math opponent doesn't recognize 1.414, glad to see a few of you missed this.  D3

4) Morocco. Thought it would be a St. Maarten situation, but couldn't think of a good island candidate, so I guessed the country with the shortest distance to Europe. Didn't know about the two Spanish cities. D0

5) Dakota.  Just before submitting Siouxsee and the Banshees, I thought of my friend in Vermillion, South Dakota, who often visited Sioux City, across the Iowa border.  I'd heard of Lakota, so that gave it to me.  Never heard of Nakota. D1

6) Dadaism. Really thought I had a rare art answer. D2

No comments:

Post a Comment