3/6. I found these quite hard and am happy with this result. Looking at yesterday's results, I'm totally shocked that only 60% of people got the Lake Assad question correct.
1. Hummingbird :(, D2. No idea, though the answer makes a lot of sense now that I see it.
2. Analytics :(, D1. Much harder than I realized when I saw the question. Kind of a waste of a D1, I think.
3. Ghoti :), D2. This was in a short book called Anguished English that I read over two decades ago and that spawned my interest in these types of questions. The book had GHOTI as a big illustration in the book, so it's engraved in my memory.
4. Calder :(, D3. Best answer I could come up with, though it didn't really look like one of his.
5. Moby :), D1. Very happy to get this. I've never heard of the DJ, so I had to go the "high brow" way. After recognizing the Melville clue, I had to decide between Moby, Moby Dick, Herman, and Billy Budd. I guessed the right one.
6. Pisa :), D0. I didn't know about the Abu Dhabi tower, but this seemed like the only remotely possible answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment