Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Ben Day 18

3/6. Dropped one I should have taken though. Tracking close to my best season in terms of qpct.

1 :( I guessed Cheese as in 'Chalk and Cheese'. Don't know US volleyballers before the Dahlhauser era.
2 :( FML. I knew it wasn't Lon Cheney, and then spent a bunch of time knowing that his name was in a song and had a vowel sound at the end. Then I narrowed it own to starting with B. Boris Karlov popped into my head and I couldn't get it out, even though it felt wrong.  Kicked myself seeing that I missed Bela Lugosi. btw, the song was one of Adam's Sandler's chanukah songs.
3 :) root 2. the only significant irrational number around 1.414286 was 1.414214. I have never heard of that approximation. Not sure when someone would use this. Either you need to be precise to lots of decimal places, or you are estimating in which case just use 10/7, bro.
4 :) Morocco. I wasn't 100% sure those little bits were in Morocco or Algeria, but went the right way.
5 :) Dakota. I couldn' think of anything Native American that rhymed other than Dakota/Lakota, so I threw it down expected it to be wrong.
6 :( Wrote Dadaist.

No comments:

Post a Comment