Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Brian I day 23

Eked out a 7(4)-6(4) win yesterday, otherwise I'd feel a lot worse about today's 3/6 chokefest.

1)Call of Duty.  I think Fortnite came up on this blog on the last video game question,  and it didn't come to my mind for this question.  I hope at least a few of you got it.  D2

2) Earnes.  So close. Kicking myself.  Mis-remembered the name. My parents have had that exact chair and ottoman since I was a kid, I remember my mother being upset when the ottoman's finish got scratched because it was a classic.  D3

3) Ottoman Empire.  Not quite a gimme,  but this Ottoman (not the Earnes or Eames ottomans) fit the bill. 

4) Prefecture.  Nice to call upon my comic book knowledge for a completely random question.  I definitely learned this in an issue of X-Men when they went to Japan for Wolverine's wedding. D2

5) Terence Trent D'Arby.  Wishing Well is a very annoying song, I'm glad it's finally good for something. If only every day had an 80s music question.  D1

6) Nylon.  Head smack.  What a choke.  Dacron sounds like nylon, what an easy question! Then I thought, wait, Dacron is in We Didn't Start the Fire, probably in the 1950s stanza, nylon is certainly older than that.  Ah, who cares?  Hits enter. D0 because it's oh so easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment