Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Dave M day 19 vs David S

After a 6 day loss/tie streak the questions finally line up in my wheelhouse in time for the matchup against a Carrbenite. Sorry Seif. 5/6 today.

 

1 : ) I saw the trailer for this at Black Panther, as it happens. I haven’t seen the movie itself. D2. DM 2 (1) – DS 0 (0)

2 : ) While I’m no good at math, I was gifted Fermat’s Last Theorem years ago, and my husband has read it many times. So I know the name of one French mathematician, which turns out to be the correct answer. D1. DM 5 (2) – DS 1 (1)

3 : ) Geography gimme that I did indeed have to give Seif 2 points for. DM 6 (3) – DS 3 (2)

4 : ( This sounded a bit like Miss Marple, who is older but I thought maybe appeared on TV for the first time in 1960. Plus the studiously gender neutral language of the question led me to suspect Thorsten was trying to mask a female name. Good place to D3 though. DM 6 (3) – DS 3 (2)

5 : ) Another gimme for all of us I suspect. D0. DM 6 (4) – DS 3 (3)

6 : ) I used to work for BP, but put down Royal Dutch Shell to mix it up. Interesting to see some of the high revenue companies on the list that don’t have a high market cap, and vice versa. E.g. top 9 in market cap would surely include Seif’s answer Nestle and Siemens (which I initially considered before thinking of oil) while Exor I think has only a tiny free float and is mostly a family business (the Agnellis). Fun question. D1. DM 7 (5) – DS 3 (3)

 

So while I inhabit the bottom of the rundle, I extend my winning record over Seif to 3-0. Better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment