Monday, March 26, 2018

Brian I Day 22

​As predicted, 4/6 on Friday did me no good, with another loss leaving me 1 step away from being ejected from Sierra C's cloaca.  And to further be a complete baby and complain some more, I have the same TCA as 1st place in my rundle, but I have 14 more CAA, for the highest answers against in the rundle. 

4/6 today, my 5th in a row.  Will it be a tie or a loss? Stay tuned.   End rant.  I did really enjoy today's questions, but I face a tough opponent. 

1) Kenneth.  Blanked on the first three clues, but once I thought of Kenny G as the musician, I remembered REM's "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" referenced the Dan Rather story. D1

2) Dominican Republic.  A rare geography win, as I knew the two countries, and with baseball beginning Thursday as the LL season ends, my 50/50 guess went with the DR for having several well-known baseball players.  Hopefully my opponent is generous and gives me a 3.  D0 for her.

3) Kool Aid.  Could only have been Kool Aid or Hi C, and  "oh yeah!" is a dead giveaway.   Brings back an image of the Kool Aid man crashing through a wall into the courtroom in Family Guy.   D1

4) perception.  This was a guess, and I'm worried that since everyone in the world but me has seen Mad Men, it's going to hurt. D2

5) Seismograph.  Gimme, I've definitely seen a similar picture before explaining how seismographs work.  Opponent very weak. D3

6) lightning round.  No clue. D2

No comments:

Post a Comment