4/6, and no real chance at more. My loss to Steiny yesterday puts me dead last in my rundle. Still, I think I can pull myself out of the relegation zone in the final 13 days. At a minimum, I'm looking forward to the challenge.
1. Syria :), D0. Gimme.
2. Springer :), D1. I struggled for several minutes trying to spell "Altuve" before realizing that wasn't the right answer. There would have been no end to my frustration if I'd gotten this wrong.
3. The English Patient :(, D2. I've heard of all 3 of the correct answers, but only with a supremely lucky guess would I have gotten one.
4. Gerrymander :), D2. I struggled with this for a while due to the reptile reference, which I didn't understand. (Now, ex post, I see it's a reference to "salamander.") But I knew this term fame from Massachusetts not too long after independence, so I went with it. I'm curious to see how many people pull this off, since I'm pretty sure this term coming from early MA is not common knowledge.
5. Subjectivism :(, D3. Wild guess.
6. Rennet :), D1. My opponent is strong in this category, so I had to give it a low defense. But he was an undergrad at MIT, as I was, and given that plus his strength in food, I bet he took the kitchen chemistry mini-seminar there at some point. It was in that seminar that I originally learned what rennet is.
No comments:
Post a Comment