15. Didn't submit yesterday. Played against a relation of Will and drew 3(2)-3(2).
1 :) Swank. I was scared McDormand had another nomination in there somewhere.
2 :( id never heard of Mailer and just guessed 'Jones'
3 :) categorical imperative. Thank you to steiny who taught me this term many years ago. I assumed it was common US college fare and only D1ed
4 :( reflexive property. I missed a math question and my opponent got it right so time to rant. I always had a disdain for wasting time on learning terminology for self-evident axioms. Why do people know this? Why are American math students memorizing terms like this rather than understanding how to think logically? Perhaps if American math was taught well there'd be more American kids capable of passing my job interview questions and I wouldnt have to hire H1Bs. I D3ed and my weak math opponent got this and cost me the win.
5 :( Another soul lost on the Appalachian trail.
6 :( I could tell this dude wasn't the thinker, so I assumed it was Atlas holding up the world given that his right arm seems to be reaching back.
16
1 :( Dresden. I originally put Frankfurt, but switched to Dresden because I know Dresden Dolls are a band and thought the more recent stuff might have been referencing them. I think they might be a goth band though which didn't really fit. The Dresden School sounds legit though.
2 :) bunker. a rare 70s US tv get for me. I guess tv shows centered around racist mysoginists must be universally appealing because we had one in Australia too called Kingswood Country. I highly recommend googling 'Archie Bunker gun control'. I saw that online 2 weeks ago which is how I got this question.
3 :( never heard of Clerhiew. Guessed Benterick.
4 :) Rohinga. D0
5 :) IM Pei. I know this thanks to my annual Hadj to Cleveland to visit family for Ross Hashanah
6 :) scalar. Repeat question from LL62. Had a 48% get rate then.
No comments:
Post a Comment