3/6
1. Yogurt diluted with water and flavored (with fruit, cumin, mint, or numerous other options) and sometimes sweetened is a refreshing drink of Punjabi origin best known as what?
Correct Answer: LASSI
Your Answer: Lasi
Points Assigned: 1
Correct Answer: LASSI
Your Answer: Lasi
Points Assigned: 1
Yum
2. Identify the university in New Jersey named after the first canonized native-born American and founder of the first order of nuns in the United States (the Sisters of Charity of St. Joseph).
Correct Answer: SETON HALL UNIVERSITY
Your Answer: Seton Hall
Points Assigned: 2
2. Identify the university in New Jersey named after the first canonized native-born American and founder of the first order of nuns in the United States (the Sisters of Charity of St. Joseph).
Correct Answer: SETON HALL UNIVERSITY
Your Answer: Seton Hall
Points Assigned: 2
I feel this will be really difficult. I grew up in South Orange, the location of Seton Hall, and the answer did come to me immediately.
3. The mountain range known as the Lion Mountains, whose highest point is Picket Hill at just under 3,000 feet, is located on the Atlantic coast entirely within what nation?
Correct Answer: SIERRA LEONE
Your Answer: Liberia
Points Assigned: 3
I thought this was pretty hard. I got caught up on it being English-speaking. I figured it would not be in the Caribbean, otherwise, it would be a Caribbean coast. I was able to guess correctly that it was Africa, but I did not bother translating Sierra Leone in my head. Good trivia question, foolish Jesse.
4. What is the two-word term, a phrase from Italian that idiomatically means "from the beginning" and is often abbreviated "D.C.", which indicates in musical notation that the previous section of music should be repeated?
Correct Answer: DA CAPO
Your Answer: Nope
Points Assigned: 2
4. What is the two-word term, a phrase from Italian that idiomatically means "from the beginning" and is often abbreviated "D.C.", which indicates in musical notation that the previous section of music should be repeated?
Correct Answer: DA CAPO
Your Answer: Nope
Points Assigned: 2
I had no idea.
5. In 1958, a Swede named Arne Larsson became the first recipient of an implanted artificial device whose natural function is normally provided by a mass of muscle fibers called the sinoatrial node. This device is most commonly and colloquially referred to by what word?
Correct Answer: PACEMAKER
Your Answer: Pacemaker
Points Assigned: 0
5. In 1958, a Swede named Arne Larsson became the first recipient of an implanted artificial device whose natural function is normally provided by a mass of muscle fibers called the sinoatrial node. This device is most commonly and colloquially referred to by what word?
Correct Answer: PACEMAKER
Your Answer: Pacemaker
Points Assigned: 0
It was the only thing that made sense to me.
6. Which derived unit in the International System of Units would fit best in a particular list that includes a Latin word for "bird", the location of Davy Crockett's last stand, a certain fictional spacecraft, and a comic book/cartoon dalmatian-like dog?
Correct Answer: HERTZ
Your Answer: Amp
Points Assigned: 1
6. Which derived unit in the International System of Units would fit best in a particular list that includes a Latin word for "bird", the location of Davy Crockett's last stand, a certain fictional spacecraft, and a comic book/cartoon dalmatian-like dog?
Correct Answer: HERTZ
Your Answer: Amp
Points Assigned: 1
I got Alamo, and I was thinking the bird was Avian, the dog might be Astro from the Jetsons, who is clearly not a Dalmatian. So I went with something that began with the letter A.
No comments:
Post a Comment