Monday, November 8, 2021

Jesse Day 1 of LL 91

5/6 to start it off! I could have gone 6/6 if had given it more time. 

1. What TV sitcom's 1963 episode titled "Family Scrapbook", during which the central characters reminisce as the title character prepares to enter Mayfield High while his older brother gets ready for State College, is widely credited as the first primetime sitcom episode explicitly presented as a series finale?
Correct Answer: LEAVE IT TO BEAVER
Your Answer: Leave it to Beaver
Points Assigned: 3

This was the only guess I could come up with. I didn't think it would be right. 

2. According to a recorded poem from 1970 by Gil Scott-Heron, what "will not be brought to you by Xerox in four parts without commercial interruptions", "will not make you look five pounds thinner", "will not go better with Coke", and "will not fight germs that may cause bad breath" (among many other things)?
Correct Answer: THE REVOLUTION
Your Answer: Hate
Points Assigned: 2

I can hear the poem now in my head as I know they used it for a commercial, but it just wasn't clicking for me and I have to get to work. 

3. "FR Remove Cart" and "MF Feed A4" are among the error codes displayed on older HP LaserJet printers, but the best known and most notorious was what other code, which was central to an iconic scene in the 1999 movie Office Space?
Correct Answer: PC LOAD LETTER
Your Answer: PC Load Letter
Points Assigned: 2

One of my favorite films. I wish my daughter was old enough to watch it with me. 

4. The name of what European city did not become a common feminine name until it was given to, and popularized by, a woman who first came into prominence during the Crimean War in the 1850s. What is that given name, #12 for baby girls in England in 2020 per the UK's Office for National Statistics?
Correct Answer: FLORENCE
Your Answer: Florence
Points Assigned: 1

My mother's name is Florence. When I read "The name of what European City" I was immediately thinking of Florence and Nightingale of course was the big clue. I think this will play easy. 

5. Though it is currently owned by the American manufacturer Stanley Black & Decker, the Craftsman brand of tools was originally established by, and for many decades sold at, what retailer?
Correct Answer: SEARS
Your Answer: Sears
Points Assigned: 1

Feels like a gimmie, but that just may be my age and the fact that I am an American. 

6. "Houston, [REDACTED] Base here. The Eagle has landed." What word is redacted from this quote from July 20, 1969, and is also the name of the "Sea" where the lunar module made its landing on that day?
Correct Answer: TRANQUILITY
Your Answer: Tranquility
Points Assigned: 0

Seems easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment