Thursday, November 18, 2021

David S Day 9 vs. Brian (LLL)

Solid 5/6 today.  Very friendly questions for me.

1. Jackass :), D20.  This took me a little while, but I came up with it.  This probably means it will be a gimme for everyone else.

2. Speed of Light :), D11.  Gimme.

3. Aleutians :), D02.  Gimme for me because of Attu, which was the sight of a (perhaps the) WWII battle that took place in Alaska.  Would have struggled on this had that not been on the list.

4. Bach :), D23.  Sweet.  Didn't expect this to be right.  I pretty much have Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach in my universe here.  I knew Mozart was in the Austrian court around the time of the French Revolution, which means he was too young for 1741, and I knew that Beethoven was younger than Mozart.  So that left Bach, who I was pretty sure was older, as my only guess.

5. Catacombs :), D11.  I think this is a decently well-known word, though maybe I'm way off.

6. Immortal :(, D32.  No clue.  Perhaps I took the "ironic" part of the question too far in coming up with a guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment