Monday, November 15, 2021

David S Day 6

Quite pleased with a 5/6 today.  A couple of questions I wasn't certain about went my way.

1. Pastrami :), D20.  I was a little worried this would be gefilte fish, but pastrami seemed to fit the description better.

2. Chamberlain :), D13.  I suspected this question was a reference to Chamberlain's 100 point game.  And I had no other reasonable guess if it wasn't him.

3. End in a J :(, D32.  I think these types of questions are great, but in this category, I had no chance.

4. Ladies Home Journal :), D21.  Glad to get this.  It took me a while to think of a magazine that could fit the question.

5. KMT :), D01.  Really unsure how hard this will be.  I think it may be pretty hard, but it's right in my and my opponents' area of strength.  Getting Kuomintang was a gimme for me.  Choosing the three letter abbreviation was where I wasn't sure I was right.

6. Archaea :), D12.  I knew archaea had been split into a separate domain.  Arguably this was the harder of the two answers, but I didn't know the other one was simply called "bacteria."  I wouldn't have gotten that, though I suspect most people who get this question right will put that as their answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment