Wednesday, November 10, 2021

David S Day 3 vs. Brad (LLL)

3 or 4/6 on a day that was kind of frustrating.

1. Provisional :), D22.  I think this may be kind of hard, but it is exactly in my wheelhouse.  I did debate whether to put Real (a newer offshoot) instead of Provisional but was pretty certain I was correct here.

2. MacKenzie Bezos :/, D10.  I knew it had to be her, but somehow I completely forgot about the name change post-divorce.  Given the emphasis in the question on her name, I'm guessing this does not pay (which is kind of frustrating...).

3. Elk :(, D12.  Good question.  Maybe I could have gotten this right if I had several guesses, but I only considered elk and moose.

4. Spears :), D31.  I'm on a pop music tear lately.  This is right from the right time period for me to get this.

5. Never more :(, D23.  I found this question kind of confusingly written.  I wasn't clear if we were looking for words that rhymed with "once upon" or not.  Probably had no shot anyway.

6. Cricket :), D01.  I was vaguely familiar with this term for darts.  I don't think I could have gotten it from the orthopteran clue.

PS Yes, Debbie, I realize that my sister-in-law used to work for Black and Decker.  It only makes that miss that much more painful for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment