Thursday, November 11, 2021

David S Day 4 vs. Ben (LLL)

1/6, and I'm lucky I even got that.  I had no chance on four of them and thought there was a serious risk I had none right when I submitted.  For me, this is the hardest day I can remember in a long time.

1. Botticelli :(, D22.  No idea.

2. Howdy Doody :(, D02.  Also no idea.  I figured Howdy Doody was wrong but had no other guess.

3. Shannon :(, D11.  No chance I was going to come up with this, though I do recognized the name now that I see it.

4. Clarinet :(, D33.  Once again, no idea.  Just had to pick an instrument and hope for the best.

5. Cold :), D11.  Only was I thought I likely had right.  I'd heard the term, and although I didn't know it had to do with Le Carre, it made sense since he wrote a lot about the Cold War.

6. Bashful :(, D20.  I can't believe how close I was.  I didn't think this had any chance at all.  I ended up settling on the 7 dwarves, but then I decided to go with sternutation being blushing rather than sneezing.  This was kind of a throwaway answer, and if I'd known I was in the right ballpark, I might have spent more time on it and possibly gotten it.


No comments:

Post a Comment