Friday, March 17, 2023

Jesse Day 23

4/6

1. "How many years must a mountain exist before it is washed to the sea?" and "How many times must a man look up before he can see the sky?" are among the questions to which the answer—per the lyrics (and title) of a 1963 folk song—is what?
Correct Answer: BLOWIN' IN THE WIND
Your Answer: Blowing in the wind
Points Assigned: 0

This should be easy for everyone. 

2. Garden flowers of the Dianthus genus, most of which are native to the Mediterranean region, are typically what color? In fact, this color is the flower's common name, and the flower is the source for the usage of this word as a color.
Correct Answer: PINK
Your Answer: Lavender
Points Assigned: 1

I had no idea.

3. According to the population and housing census of 2020, there are four cities in South Korea with populations greater than 2 million. One is the capital city of Seoul; name any one of the other three.
Correct Answer: BUSAN, INCHEON, DAEGU
Your Answer: Incheon
Points Assigned: 2

I was debating between Busan and Incheon, both places I have been. It turns out both were right. 

4. A 2014 film directed by Tim Burton tells the true story of the artist Margaret Keane (played by Amy Adams) and her untalented husband, Walter (Christoph Waltz), who took credit for her work until his death in 2000. Margaret's work is famous for the accentuation of its subjects' what? (This accentuation is referenced in both the title of the film and in the name of the San Francisco gallery that holds the largest collection of her work.)
Correct Answer: EYES
Your Answer: Eyes
Points Assigned: 1

I didn't see the movie but I remembered the previews. 

5. Kilkenny, The Burning Hills, Guns of the Timberlands, and How the West Was Won are among the 100 books that cumulatively sold over 200 million copies written by what prolific author, whose French-sounding name (a slight modification of his real name) belied the American-frontier themes of his works?
Correct Answer: LOUIS L'AMOUR
Your Answer: Cussler
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea.

6. Specially shaped "dice" and the specific way these dice-esque objects land (which determines how points in the game are scored) are the peculiar trademarks of a game that was released in 1977. These dice are molded in the shape of what animal, which gives this game its name?
Correct Answer: PIGS
Your Answer: Pigs
Points Assigned: 3

I have never played this game, but my college ultimate was the University of Rochester Little Piggies, and we would get little rubber piggies from that game as awards. Otherwise, I would have had no idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment