Thursday, March 16, 2023

Brian Day 22 vs Will

 Ben's unreliability not withstanding, I'd like to say how enjoyable this blog is with so many participants.   Thank you everyone.

4/6 today.   

1) Tiki Masala 2/2 I rarely eat Indian,  and only know this and curry, never heard of garam masala

2) Baltimore 1/3  I've only read The Jungle on this list, and it was too long ago for me to remember the setting. 

3) Facebook 1/0  Timing seemed right for the Meta name change, and I vaguely recall the testimony.

4) Fatima 2/2 Was pretty sure the Fatimid Dynasty was named after Muhammed's daughter

5) Bhutan 3/1 Educated guess, Nepal and Bhutan seemed like the countries that would have these cool sounding names, and since Nepal is known for its mountains I hoped Bhutan was known for its valleys.

6) Penzance 0/1  While I'm familiar with web sites which pirate comic books, I thought it more likely that comic piracy was referring to the Gilbert & Sullivan classic. 1880s seemed about right for The Pirates of Penzance to be a contemporaneous reference.  


No comments:

Post a Comment