Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Brian Day 25

 Happy end of season everyone! It's been a pleasure.  I thought I ran the table today, but I'll happily take 5/6 to finish the season.  Dave, I hope you get promoted, Avalon B is much friendlier than Sierra B.

1) Sugarland 1/2  I think there's a country band named Sugarland Express

2) The Smiths 2/3  Psyched and surprised to get this, a very satisfying pull   I spent waaaaayyyyy too much time figuring it out.  Not that it was easy and it shouldn't have taken me that long, but that it consumed me and I didn't get work done. I couldn't think of anyone like Sting or Slash who fit the no-first-name bill.  I tried "ordinary" out with regular, plain, routine, etc, which got me nowhere.  I tried 'technically inaccurate' names like twins, boys, girls, quintet, nothing popped up there.   Went through every 80s rock band I could think of, nothing doing.  Finally I realized it was probably outside of my rock wheelhouse, and I thought of the Long Island indie rock radio stations, and thought The Smiths fit "ordinary" and "inaccurate" criteria, as he made a point of dancing around last names.  I cannot name a song by them nor have any idea who the person in question is (oh, Morrissey, thanks Dave M!).  

3) Diesel 1/1 This was asked very recently, and I got it wrong, but I learned that diesel engines don't have spark plugs because they're compression ignition.

4) Lot 0/0 Easiest of the season?  

5) RWBY 3/2  I came across RWBY recently and was psyched to get such a hard question correct, but no go.

6) Nordic 2/1 

No comments:

Post a Comment