3/6
Correct Answer: SERENA SLAM
Your Answer: Nadal Slam
Points Assigned: 1
I initially put down Williams, which would have been wrong anyway. I have definitely heard of the Serena Slam, but I probably rushed too much this morning.
2. July 28, 1914, is considered the date on which World War I began, because that's the day on which [BLANK 1] declared war on [BLANK 2]. What two countries, in correct order, fill in the blanks in the statement—two monarchies that would not exist as such five years later?
Correct Answer: AUSTRIA-HUNGARY, SERBIA
Your Answer: Austro-Hungarian Empire, Serbia
Points Assigned: 2
2. July 28, 1914, is considered the date on which World War I began, because that's the day on which [BLANK 1] declared war on [BLANK 2]. What two countries, in correct order, fill in the blanks in the statement—two monarchies that would not exist as such five years later?
Correct Answer: AUSTRIA-HUNGARY, SERBIA
Your Answer: Austro-Hungarian Empire, Serbia
Points Assigned: 2
I think my answer will be accepted.
3. Name the Mississippian graduate of Tennessee State University who was born in 1954 and became a massively influential (and arguably the dominant) figure in the contemporary publishing world beginning in September 1996.
Correct Answer: OPRAH WINFREY
Your Answer: King
Points Assigned: 2
3. Name the Mississippian graduate of Tennessee State University who was born in 1954 and became a massively influential (and arguably the dominant) figure in the contemporary publishing world beginning in September 1996.
Correct Answer: OPRAH WINFREY
Your Answer: King
Points Assigned: 2
Ugh, when in doubt I should answer Oprah for everything.
4. A 1980s ad campaign for Clairol Loving Care hair color lotion features the jingle "I'm Gonna Wash That Gray Right out of My Hair", replacing what word from the original song that featured in the 1949 musical South Pacific?
Correct Answer: MAN
Your Answer: Man
Points Assigned: 1
4. A 1980s ad campaign for Clairol Loving Care hair color lotion features the jingle "I'm Gonna Wash That Gray Right out of My Hair", replacing what word from the original song that featured in the 1949 musical South Pacific?
Correct Answer: MAN
Your Answer: Man
Points Assigned: 1
Considering I knew the answer, this should play easy, because I have never seen South Pacific.
5. What American agribusiness and food company, a farmer-owned cooperative, is headquartered in Arden Hills, Minnesota, and is in fact named in reference to its home state?
Correct Answer: LAND O'LAKES
Your Answer: Land-O-Lakes
Points Assigned: 0
5. What American agribusiness and food company, a farmer-owned cooperative, is headquartered in Arden Hills, Minnesota, and is in fact named in reference to its home state?
Correct Answer: LAND O'LAKES
Your Answer: Land-O-Lakes
Points Assigned: 0
This will play hard for non-Americans
6. What R&B legend started, in 1980, his namesake Parade of Stars telethon, which raised money to support the United Negro College Fund? He hosted the telethon, later named An Evening of Stars, annually until his death in 2006, by which time the telethon had raised a reported $250 million for the UNCF.
Correct Answer: LOU RAWLS
Your Answer: Charles
Points Assigned: 3
6. What R&B legend started, in 1980, his namesake Parade of Stars telethon, which raised money to support the United Negro College Fund? He hosted the telethon, later named An Evening of Stars, annually until his death in 2006, by which time the telethon had raised a reported $250 million for the UNCF.
Correct Answer: LOU RAWLS
Your Answer: Charles
Points Assigned: 3
Damnit, I remembered commercials from my childhood with a gravelly voice saying "The United Negro College Fund, A mind is a terrible thing to waste." I just could not remember who that voice belonged to.
No comments:
Post a Comment