4/6 I've given up an 8(4) and a 9(5) the last two days, hopefully not today.
1) Serena Slam 0/1 Who else could it be? (oh, I never even considered the men, I'm glad for that)
2) Austria(-Hungary), Serbia 1/1 I waffled between Austria and Austria-Hungary because I thought A-H was an empire, not a single country... anyway, pretty straightforward history question. (Kim, you made me LOL, I'm so sorry. Brad, I think you get credit, I looked it up afterwards.)
3) Jobs 2/2 First went to Bezos, but he's too young. Then tried authors, then said, I bet it's a female author, but couldn't come up with a candidate, then felt very satisfied when I thought, contemporary publishing could mean digital music. I thought it was way early for the iPod, but I was so proud of myself . Ultimately, I think this is a great questions, I just never put myself on the right track. Dave, I agree with you on defense, except none of us got it.
4) Man 3/0 When my father starred as Sailor #3 in the Plainview Jewish Center production of South Pacific, I thought, hey, that's the song from the hair commercial!!!
5) Land O Lakes 1/3 Possibly my favorite question of the season. Gopher... MI... Twins... Purple... Vikings... North Stars...Minneapolis Lakers...Land of 10000 Lakes!
6) Charles 2/2 As Eddie Murphy said, "The mind is a terrible thing." The ads are imprinted on my brain, but I never knew who was speaking. Probably plays very hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment