Monday, March 6, 2023

David S Day 14 vs Brad

 Happy Purim, all!


5/6, or perhaps an undeserved 6/6 if Thorsten is in a particularly generous mood. Also perhaps 4/6 if Thorsten is feeling the opposite. 

  1. Stephanopolous :), D11. As someone who remembers all the Clinton figures well, I stared at this question stupefied for about a minute trying to figure out how anyone was supposed to know which major Clinton figure could have shared a name with a former Greek president. Then it hit me and I felt like an idiot for not getting it faster. 
  2. Quasimoto :), D03. I think (but am not totally confident) I’ll get away with the T for D substitution at the end. I would have had no chance here except for the parenthetical, which, typical of Thorsten, was a major clue. It led me to think about the Three Musketeers, which led me to the Hunchback of Notre Dame and a confident guess.
  3. Links :), D02. Only term I could think of that could have fit the question. 
  4. Guinea-Bissau :), D22. Gimme. 
  5. Noma :), D11. One of those great LL moments. Someone mentioned this to me literally 2 days ago. Otherwise zero chance I would have come up with it. 
  6. Monai :(, D32. The extra n is probably going to cost me a 6/6 (and certainly should based on the rules). I actually got closer here than expected. I knew it started with an M and was pretty sure about the final sound, but I couldn’t quite remember the full word.

No comments:

Post a Comment