Thursday, March 2, 2023

David S Day 12

Very pleased with a 4/6 on questions that were definitely not up my alley. I expected to get 4 when I submitted, but not the 4 I got. 

  1. Pippin :), D20. This one took me a while, longer than all the rest combined. But when I thought of it I knew it was almost certainly right. 
  2. Fischer :), D12. My only worry is that I had the order of chess number ones wrong. But this had to be the guess. 
  3. Vanilla Ice :), D33. Boom! A rare pop music get for me. Did not see this one coming. I knew he was widely ridiculed for a lot of his music, and the timing worked out. But didn’t expect it. Three points, please!
  4. Cymru :), D01. Only gimme of the day for me. But a somewhat funny story is that a few weeks ago I was talking to a Welsh coworker of mine and said this name, only to get laughed at for butchering the pronunciation.
  5. Smith :(, D22. No clue at all. Though now that I see the name, it actually does ring a bell. 
  6. Santa Barbara :(, D11. I actually thought this was going to be my great get of the day. I somehow remembered that there was a soap opera with this name that ended around the time of the question, so I thought this would be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment