Monday, November 16, 2020

Seif Day 9 vs. Mirkin (LLL)

4/6, and happy to get that many.  But today's questions appear to be perfectly designed for my LL opponent, and I can't imagine I pull off even a tie with 4.  (Please, please let me get relegated down from B...)

1. The New Movie :(, D12.  I had no idea.  I did get that there was going to be a reference to some other type of performance in the title, but that wasn't enough.

2. Yugo :), D30.  A bunch of former Yugoslavian countries in the question and reference to a notorious car.  Nothing else it could have been.

3. Turner :), D11.  Down the middle American history question.  I wish Thorsten hadn't given the first name.

4. Taffy :(, D02.  I've never seen the show.  No clue at all.

5. Pastoral :), D23.  This one took me a little while, but a few years of piano lessons in my younger days paid off here.  Happy to get this since its certainly not in a core area for me, and I assume I'll be given a decent number of points.

6. Medusa :), D21.  Only gorgon I could have named.  Seems easier than the other questions today.


No comments:

Post a Comment