Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Brian Day 6 vs Ben in LL and Will in LLL

 Happy to get 4/6 as I was only confident of one of these.  I should be easy for Ben to defend, I'm not so sure if I did the same for him.  I'm expecting a defense related tie. 

1) Engrave 1/2  I had a feeling I was missing something here.  

2) Whale 2/3  No idea on the the director; Swedish band options are ABBA, Roxette (RIP) and maybe Ace of Bass?  Of the WHA teams that moved to the NHL, only the Hartford Whalers are named after an animal.  Could there have been a WHA team that didn't join the NHL called the Basses? What if the animal in question is a hart?  Ultimately, I had no choice but to go with whale, but I wasn't confident.  I expect this is near impossible for my opponents. 

3) Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens). 3/0  Gimme for me, I'm assuming/hoping this never hit Ben's radar

4) Antigone 2/1 No idea.  The only Dido I know was a singer in the mid-90s, I guess she's a big Punic fan

5) Beavis and Butthead 1/1 My thoughts were Ren and Stimpy, B&B,and Pinky and the Brain, and of the three I've only seen Ren and Stimpy so I could rule them out.  I settled on B&B as I think kids got in trouble emulating them, but I wasn't sure.  Should be a no-brainer for Ben, would've given a 0 if not for the science question.

6) solstice.  0/2  I was a little thrown off by 'celestial' equator, was worried it could be a more esoteric term, but otherwise the only issue is confirming this was summer/winter solstice, and not a vernal equinox.  This should be easy for the guy who knows neap tides.

An unexpected 5(4)-2(3) victory, very nice! Great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment