First, my final DARPA addendum: What I didn't mention, is that I also had been deciding between Darpa and Darpanet, ultimately deciding that even though it was asking for the name of the NETwork, Darpanet did not meet the requirement of an acronym, and so I submitted just Darpa. Reading the message boards today, I see Darpanet was accepted as correct. D'oh!
And now today, the beginning of the second half of the season. 4/6 vs Kim
1) Czechia 1/3 Luxembourg was on my short list, but ultimately Czechia sounded more Polish
2) Stud 1/1 I play poker every week.
3) Tata 2/2 I'm familiar with Tata Motors and Tata Consulting, and, of course, Joe E. Tata. The high get rate on this in our blog is interesting, I don't think it will be so out in the rest of the League.
4) Golden Gate 0/0 I started off thinking SF in the 1840s, I bet it's something to do with gold or mining. And it's a deep channel, so maybe Gold Trench? And then I did a head slap as I pictured the bridge. That would have been a really bad miss.
5) House 3/1 hey now hey now Don't Dream It's Over gave me Crowded House, and jump up jump up and jump down! gave me House of Pain. Jump Around is still one of the most fun songs to drunkenly dance to. 3/1
5) Tobacco 2/2 Should have known this, those words were in the news a few years ago, but I was thinking Native American instead of Hawaiian.
No comments:
Post a Comment