Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Seif Day 6 vs. Kim (LLL)

 3/6.  I feel like I could have gotten more and left two on the table.

1. Lithograph :), D22.  Though it decidedly skipped over me, there is quite an artistic gene that runs through much of my extended family, and I have relatives who have been into lithography big time.  

2. Wolf :(, D21.  Total random guess.  I had no idea when I submitted.  But now I see I actually should have realized this was a reference to the Whalers NHL team.  I don't know why this didn't come to me.

3. Roosevelt :(, D01.  This is the other one that's kind of bothering me.  I totally knew this and got mixed up between Mark Twain and Teddy Roosevelt.

4. Cleopatra :(, D33.  I had no idea.  Seems like something I should have known, but I definitely didn't.  Cleopatra was just a shot in the dark.

5. Bevis and Butthead :), D10.  Gimme.  Embarrassed that I got the spelling wrong.

6. Solstice :), D33.  Had to think about this for a while before I convinced myself it was right.  This is the best question of the season so far in my opinion.  Take a common word and give the technical scientific definition.  I don't think it's super hard, but D33 seemed appropriate given my opponents' other strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment