Monday, November 16, 2020

Brian Day 9 vs Brad

Is it bad to be frustrated by a 5/6?   I should not be missing 80s questions.  

Stay safe out there;  On Wednesday, I took my youngest to the Covid testing site at Glen Island in New Rochelle, there was no wait.  This morning I took my eldest, it took an hour.  It's spreading.  Even if science is a bad category for you, listen to the scientists!

1) Three Penny Opera 2/1  I only got it from the 'more in the vein of musical theatre' hint, which led me to opera, and this clicked despite not knowing a thing about it.

2) Pinto 3/2  Kicking myself.  I recognized the Yugoslavia connection, but concentrated on the slavic aspect, and when that didn't work, I thought of the Pinto, and ignored that it was from the 70s or earlier. 

3)  Turner.  0/0 The most famous American slave rebellion

4) Frozen bananas 1/1 There's always money in the banana stand.

5) Pastoral 1/3  I've heard of pastoral and never knew exactly what it was, but rustic and bucolic seemed to fit the bill.  Happy to get a question correct in my worst category, makes up for the Yugo

6) Medusa 2/2  Right up my alley. And in a proud father moment, I showed the question to my daughter and she got it right away.  Her taste in music still sucks though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment