Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Seif Day 5

3/6.

1. Elephants :(, D21.  I was pretty sure I had this when I submitted, but I walked right into the trap of thinking of the Mo Willems book.  I wouldn't have gotten it even if I'd realized.

2. Cambodia :), D13.  I'm not sure how this plays.  Both the king and PM have been in power forever, so there are plenty of chances for someone to hear of them, but it's not like either is all that well known worldwide.  Given the ethnicities and the king/PM structure, I think the possible choices are limited to Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Bhutan.

3. Canine Cough :(, D32.  I had no idea.  I've had a number of kind of close but clearly wrong answers lately, and this falls into it.  If I'd known I'd be right with "cough," I'd have spent more time thinking about it.

4. Geronimo :), D11.  Got it from the parachute portion of the question.  I somehow didn't know about the bin Laden reference.

5. Egg Cream :), D00.  I'm wondering if this D was too low.  Is this actually easy, or is it just an idiosyncratic thing I've known for a while?

6. Stamper :(, D22.  I had no idea.  Very interesting, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment