Friday, November 6, 2020

Seif Day 3

5/6 on a pretty friendly day for me.

1. Water Polo :(, D21.  I had no idea.  There were only a few logical guesses here, but I didn't pick the right one.

2. Dry Clean Only :), D12.  I didn't even know laundry symbols were a thing.  But how many possibilities were even possible?  If I'd known this was right, I'd have given much lower D.

3. Harem :), D12.  I assume the spelling is close enough here.  I knew haram meant "forbidden" in the context of a place for wives, so it wasn't much of a jump to get this here.

4. Marlboro :), D00.  My guess is this plays pretty easy, but I did some empirical work studying cigarette market structure almost 20 years ago, and I still remember these markets pretty well.

5. West Bank :), D31.  Gimme.  D3 for LL only because my opponent's two worst categories are geography and world history.

6. Timpani :), D23.  Not sure how hard this plays.  I'm far from an anatomy expert, but this came to me immediately.  So maybe in retrospect my D was a bit high.

No comments:

Post a Comment