3/6
1. According to the title of a 1999 book by British author Giles Andreae, while warthogs waltz, chimps cha-cha, and lions tango, what animals can't dance (although that title turns out to be false)?
Correct Answer: GIRAFFES
Your Answer: Giraffes
Points Assigned: 1
3. The disease formally named Canine Infectious Tracheobronchitis is more commonly referred to by what alliterative name?
Correct Answer: KENNEL COUGH
Your Answer: Collie Cough
Points Assigned: 2
1. According to the title of a 1999 book by British author Giles Andreae, while warthogs waltz, chimps cha-cha, and lions tango, what animals can't dance (although that title turns out to be false)?
Correct Answer: GIRAFFES
Your Answer: Giraffes
Points Assigned: 1
We have this book and I have read it to my daughter a dozen or so times.
2. Norodom Sihamoni is the current king, and Hun Sen is the current Prime Minister of what constitutional monarchy?
Correct Answer: CAMBODIA
Your Answer: Japan
Points Assigned: 1
I was pretty confident Japan was right. I have been to Cambodia in 2012 and thought I would have picked this up. I knew Thailand's monarch is in the news, but wasn't aware of anything going on in Cambodia.
2. Norodom Sihamoni is the current king, and Hun Sen is the current Prime Minister of what constitutional monarchy?
Correct Answer: CAMBODIA
Your Answer: Japan
Points Assigned: 1
I was pretty confident Japan was right. I have been to Cambodia in 2012 and thought I would have picked this up. I knew Thailand's monarch is in the news, but wasn't aware of anything going on in Cambodia.
3. The disease formally named Canine Infectious Tracheobronchitis is more commonly referred to by what alliterative name?
Correct Answer: KENNEL COUGH
Your Answer: Collie Cough
Points Assigned: 2
I spent a while on this and could not figure it off. I got Cough right. Never heard of kennel cough.
4. The name of what Apache warrior and hero has been co-opted by the US military on a number of occasions, from the arguably celebratory and with his family's permission (on the insignia of the US Army's first parachute regiment), to the controversial if not outright offensive (the code name for the killing of Osama bin Laden)?
Correct Answer: GERONIMO
Your Answer: Geronimo
Points Assigned: 0
4. The name of what Apache warrior and hero has been co-opted by the US military on a number of occasions, from the arguably celebratory and with his family's permission (on the insignia of the US Army's first parachute regiment), to the controversial if not outright offensive (the code name for the killing of Osama bin Laden)?
Correct Answer: GERONIMO
Your Answer: Geronimo
Points Assigned: 0
Gimmish I think.
5. What beverage, a fountain drink which consists of milk, seltzer, and flavored syrup (such as Fox's U-bet), has a peculiar name in that neither of the items in that name is an ingredient in the drink?
Correct Answer: EGG CREAM
Your Answer: Egg Cream
Points Assigned: 2
6. What is the term used for the kind of company that designs and distributes typefaces? The word, which describes such companies as Hoefler & Co., Font Bureau, and Colophon, is a legacy from pre-desktop publishing days, when such companies manufactured metal and wood typefaces for printing presses.
Correct Answer: FOUNDRY
Your Answer: Font Cobler
Points Assigned: 3
5. What beverage, a fountain drink which consists of milk, seltzer, and flavored syrup (such as Fox's U-bet), has a peculiar name in that neither of the items in that name is an ingredient in the drink?
Correct Answer: EGG CREAM
Your Answer: Egg Cream
Points Assigned: 2
6. What is the term used for the kind of company that designs and distributes typefaces? The word, which describes such companies as Hoefler & Co., Font Bureau, and Colophon, is a legacy from pre-desktop publishing days, when such companies manufactured metal and wood typefaces for printing presses.
Correct Answer: FOUNDRY
Your Answer: Font Cobler
Points Assigned: 3
Nope.
No comments:
Post a Comment