5/6. What?! I can't believe I got so many right. Got a lot of lucky guesses here. I really thought I'd done much worse. I thought my best case scenario here was 4/6 but didn't expect to actually do that well.
1. Hummus :), D20. Shocked to get this. I wasn't sure what "Levantine condiment" meant, and I thought I might end up looking ridiculous with this answer. Once I'd decided to accept what I thought was the meaning of the term for purposes of my answer, I then (for real) debated between hummus and tahini. I chose the right one.
2. Knauss :(, D33. No clue here.
3. Mecca :), D02. I was pretty sure I had this image in my head of people standing around this structure. But I was nowhere close to certain and thought I could easily get this wrong.
4. Catamaran :), D11. This seemed like the only reasonable answer, at least that I could think of.
5. Ukraine :), D12. I was pretty sure here. I'm not 100% sure I would have gotten this without the help of the year, which made me confident it was right. I almost rushed this and put Soviet Union before re-reading and seeing that it was asking for the modern-day country. I would have kicked myself non-stop if I'd done that.
6. Anderson :), D21. Very proud of myself on this one, since this is decidedly not up my alley. But surprisingly, I realized pretty quickly what this list was.
1. Hummus :), D20. Shocked to get this. I wasn't sure what "Levantine condiment" meant, and I thought I might end up looking ridiculous with this answer. Once I'd decided to accept what I thought was the meaning of the term for purposes of my answer, I then (for real) debated between hummus and tahini. I chose the right one.
2. Knauss :(, D33. No clue here.
3. Mecca :), D02. I was pretty sure I had this image in my head of people standing around this structure. But I was nowhere close to certain and thought I could easily get this wrong.
4. Catamaran :), D11. This seemed like the only reasonable answer, at least that I could think of.
5. Ukraine :), D12. I was pretty sure here. I'm not 100% sure I would have gotten this without the help of the year, which made me confident it was right. I almost rushed this and put Soviet Union before re-reading and seeing that it was asking for the modern-day country. I would have kicked myself non-stop if I'd done that.
6. Anderson :), D21. Very proud of myself on this one, since this is decidedly not up my alley. But surprisingly, I realized pretty quickly what this list was.
No comments:
Post a Comment