4/6. I'm quite happy with this, since I was pretty sure I had 3, pretty sure I didn't have 2, and was no more than "hopeful" on the last one.
1. John and Amy :(, D02. I've never watched the Office, so I had no chance here. Did Ben? I think the answer is no, but I wasn't going to give him D3 on this just in case I'm wrong.
2. KGB :), D10. Gimme-ish. I can't think of anything else reasonable it could be. One key was if you knew that the KGB was created post-WWII, but this was highly gettable either way.
3. Run :(, D22. No clue. Not even sure how hard this is.
4. Muff :), D23. This was a gimme for me, but it's a pretty obscure football term for people who aren't big fans. I think it's tough, and I doubt Ben can come up with it.
5. J :), D11. This took 95% of my time today, and I kind of regret giving such a low D for it. But I'm very happy to have gotten it, especially since I wasn't sure when I submitted. I very quickly got down to D, E, and J. After a lot of thought, I convinced myself that Eu was an element, though I wasn't certain and thought I might have just had the EU elections on my mind. (I now see there are actually several elements whose symbols begin with E.) That left D and J, and I couldn't think of any, leading me to believe that there was probably a newly named (#105+) element with one of those letters. So, it was basically just a guess between the two, though I figured I had less than a 50/50 chance because there was still some chance in my mind that the answer was E.
6. Milkshake :), D31. Gimme for me. I laughed about this a lot last week. Ben hasn't done great on these sorts of recent European politics questions recently, so we'll see if the D1 for him was a good idea of whether I should have gone higher.
1. John and Amy :(, D02. I've never watched the Office, so I had no chance here. Did Ben? I think the answer is no, but I wasn't going to give him D3 on this just in case I'm wrong.
2. KGB :), D10. Gimme-ish. I can't think of anything else reasonable it could be. One key was if you knew that the KGB was created post-WWII, but this was highly gettable either way.
3. Run :(, D22. No clue. Not even sure how hard this is.
4. Muff :), D23. This was a gimme for me, but it's a pretty obscure football term for people who aren't big fans. I think it's tough, and I doubt Ben can come up with it.
5. J :), D11. This took 95% of my time today, and I kind of regret giving such a low D for it. But I'm very happy to have gotten it, especially since I wasn't sure when I submitted. I very quickly got down to D, E, and J. After a lot of thought, I convinced myself that Eu was an element, though I wasn't certain and thought I might have just had the EU elections on my mind. (I now see there are actually several elements whose symbols begin with E.) That left D and J, and I couldn't think of any, leading me to believe that there was probably a newly named (#105+) element with one of those letters. So, it was basically just a guess between the two, though I figured I had less than a 50/50 chance because there was still some chance in my mind that the answer was E.
6. Milkshake :), D31. Gimme for me. I laughed about this a lot last week. Ben hasn't done great on these sorts of recent European politics questions recently, so we'll see if the D1 for him was a good idea of whether I should have gone higher.
No comments:
Post a Comment