Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Jesse Day 4

3/6

1. The May 2013 finale of the American TV sitcom The Office featured the wedding of what two characters? (First names acceptable.)
Correct Answer: ANGELA (MARTIN), DWIGHT (SCHRUTE)
Your Answer: Dwight and Angela
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I watched the whole series. 

2. The Committee of State Security in the Soviet Union, a political security agency and police force formed in 1954 and dissolved in 1992, was known by what initialism?
Correct Answer: KGB
Your Answer: KGB
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

It was the only answer I could think of. 

3. Sunrise, Sunset, and Midnight—These are three half-titles of films directed and co-written by Richard Linklater. What word completes the titles of these three films?
Correct Answer: BEFORE
Your Answer: Kingdom
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Shoot. I never saw any of these, but in retrospect have hear of them. 

4. Fill in this blank from Rule 3, Section 2, Article 6 of the 2018 Official Playing Rules of the National Football League: A _____ is the touching of a loose ball by a player in an unsuccessful attempt to obtain possession of it.
Correct Answer: MUFF
Your Answer: Incompletion
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I didn't know muff was an official term!

5. What is the first letter of the alphabet that is not the first (or only) letter of a symbol on the periodic table of elements? It is one of only two such letters (the other is "Q").
Correct Answer: J
Your Answer: J
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I considered E, but I knew there was one named after Einstein. Got to J and couldn't think of any elements. This was a guess as I am not great with the periodic table. 

6. During a May 20 campaign event for the approaching European elections, the divisive British politician and Brexit party leader Nigel Farage was hit by protester Paul Crowther with what novel weapon? The weapon's name became Twitter's top trend in the U.K. by the end of the day.
Correct Answer: MILKSHAKE
Your Answer: Dildo
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1  

I did not catch this in the news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment