Friday, May 24, 2019

Brian Day 3 vs Ben in C, MeyerE in LLL

5/6, scratch that, 4/6. 

1) Training Day.  BEN CARR AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON ME!!!!   I feel like Ben would be familiar with Training Day, plus Glory was a Final Jeopardy answer earlier this week, so low defense for him.  1/2

2) Yahtzee.  A favorite childhood game, and now I use it to practice math with my kids. 1/1

3) Blues.  I wrote out every single professional sports team's name I could think of.  (Checking after submission, I only missed one NBA and two NHL teams, I'm very proud of myself. )  Initial pass narrowed my choices down to Heat, Magic, Lightning, Jazz, and Blues.  Then it was a choice between Jazz and Blues, and Blues seemed to fit the lyrics. A quicker method would have been to immediately think of which team is in the Stanley Cup finals.  I don't think Ben knows hockey. 3/3
(Just realized I'm not going to get credit for just Blues.  Kicking myself. All that work for nothing.)

4) Serbia, Montenegro.  Two days ago I was wiki-ing around and happened to read up on Yugoslavia.  I never knew there was temporarily a two-republic-only Yugoslavia, I thought they all split up and started killing each other at the same time.  Even without the refresher course, I think if I listed all the Balkan nations I had never heard of until the 1990s, I would have realized these two were missing from the question.  0/2

5) ergo ipso facto.  I think therefore I am, but I think I only know French, not Latin, except for therefore, ergo my wrong answer.  2/1

6) poutine.  Can't believe this was correct.  Complete wild guess based on poutine being the only Canadian food I know of, a light night staple after too many Molsons and Labatt's  in Montreal on a college road trip.  I thought I had a slight chance given that poutine sounds like piscine, and fish were in the French dish. Not happy with the D2 in retrospect, would have flipped it with Denzel.  2/0

Eked out a 4(4)-3(3) over Ben despite sloppiness on the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment